Monday 6 June 2011

We are family....

No matter who you are human or non-human (animal) we all want to belong & feel loved. Coming from the shelter where I had many family & friends to a home where I was part of a family was major. It didn't take me long to become part of a new household either. I automatically got a new mom, sister Cleo the tri-colored tabby & brother Simon the black cat. 

At time of writing both of them have passed over to the rainbow bridge Cleo in July 2008 & Simon just last year August of 2010. I now suffer from OCS (Only Child Syndrome) as my mom calls it. Cleo was definitely the boss lady of the house & she well, loved me in her own way as they say. Simon was my best buddy & brother who accepted & welcomed me without reservations.  Yes, that's us here...

I know it's still hard for mom to think of that day & for me also, he was the only brother I have ever known. Simon & Cleo were part of my life for a long time & part of my new beginning so I will always have them close to me. Simon was a caring soul who made way for a boisterous, young thing always grooming, sharing  & loving.  Wow, writing this now I realize just how lucky I was & am.
It was 5 years of being part of big family, fun adventures, laughs (we brought 3 times the laughter to our humans) & of course lots of love. I know that people say we eventually forget but I like to argue differently. It's not that we forget, it's that we are able to move on a little easier because we know that goodbye is just see you later. 

I hope to have another brother or sister one day, until then I am content with my humans, birds, squirrels & occasional cat visitor from outside - check out the mysterious Grey Smoke...


No comments:

Post a Comment