Saturday 13 August 2011

Ode to my best brother...

A year has passed since my best buddy & brother Simon had to leave this world. I miss him & I know mom does to. This past week I have been feeling it a little, maybe it's because my mom has been a little sad & melancholy. I do know that I was spending way more time in the basement on the bunk beds, which I never do - ever. That space was reserved for Simon & me, I would follow him down to nap on the top bunk, Simon with his spot & me with mine.

So this past week I decided to sneak away to be close to where Simon spent his last night on earth & snuggled close to the big lamb. Don't tell mom but I think maybe Simon was stopping by to visit & decided his first place was the beds. This time I slept in his spot as he said it was ok he didn't really need it anymore as was everywhere now. Simon generous in life & in after-life.

Mom had a feeling she would find me there & snapped a few "adorable" photos before leaving me to have some alone time.









Now since Simon was a beautiful black cat & we looooove black cats, I have to mention the upcoming  Black Cat Appreciation day on August 17th. How appropriate that it corresponds with my brothers anniversary.

Love you always big bro...you were the best & will always be missed.


Simon 1992-2010





No comments:

Post a Comment